Windows Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Windows Administrator 2/3 to support the Defense Security Service (DSS) program Data Center Operations. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Windows Administrator will be responsible for the lifecycle maintenance of the DSS server infrastructure consisting of virtual and non-virtual servers in cloud development environments, pre-production and testing, production, and fail-over enclaves. Ensures the infrastructure is maintained and secured in all enclaves. Provides reliable, high availability services. Optimizes server infrastructure to achieve high performance and cost-efficiencies for virtual and non-virtual systems. Improves scalability, surge, and automation capabilities to support the potential expansion of capabilities and storage. Maintains all configurations IAW DOD policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance to all server infrastructure components and maintain a secure server configuration.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all DSS servers.
- Test and deploy all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all DSS servers.
- Identify and resolve server problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Provide domain administration services including, but not limited to, system and data access, share management, account creation, and user access rights.
- Provide controls, access, and management on enterprise input and output resources (e.g., scanners, printers, files, etc.).
- Ensure the VDI enclave is maintained to meet agency demands and performance.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Provide logical connectivity diagrams for all DSS servers.
- Maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation for all DSS servers.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support server operations and administration.
- Maintain the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for all DSS servers.
- Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation for all DSS servers.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor utilization requirements and conduct planning to ensure appropriate resource capacity management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Basic Qualifications for Windows Admin 2:
- 3 years of experience with Bachelors, preferably in a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field; (or 1 year of experience with Masters). Note, we may accept four (4) additional years of experience in lieu to degree.
- Experience with administration of the following:
o Windows Server 2008/2012 operating system
o installation and maintenance of Windows software
o Experience with managing and maintaining cloud or virtual machines.
o Experience with system capacity analysis, planning, and implementation methods.
o Experience with shell scripting languages.
- Knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, SSH, etc.
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification equivalent or higher.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
Basic Qualifications for a Windows Admin 3 are the same as listed above but require a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field, with at least 6 years of experience (4 with a Master's).
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for Windows server/workstation maintenance.
- Experience in implementing scripting automation/orchestration tools.
- VMware Certified Professional certification.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining systems accreditations.
- Proven experience supporting a DoD program that consists of multiple Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top