Welding Manufacturing Engineer 2
This position provides technical direction and support for Operations in areas of welding, fabrication and heat treat. Requires the ability to troubleshoot complex manufacturing issues, improve existing manufacturing processes, and
develop new processes, to include tooling and fixtures. Qualify welding procedures, prepare engineering documentation and instructions to support shop fabrications per industrial and military standards. The candidate must have an understanding of weld inspection and processes to assist shop personnel in the interpretation and implementation requirements. Duties include developing instructional material for the training and certification of welding and fabrication
personnel. Provide input to Design Engineering to ensure that designs are optimized for manufacturing and meet all requirements of the contract welding specifications. Support estimating activities for new or existing products as required and work with suppliers to resolve problems and meet incoming material and fabrication requirements.
The qualified candidate must have a strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of technical principles and theories and a general knowledge of other related engineering disciplines. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives. The candidate will work under general direction and independently determine and develop timely approaches to solutions. May be required to work weekends and off shifts to support manufacturing.
This position located in Sunnyvale, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Technology or equivalent.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and understand basic Geometric Dimensions and Tolerance.
- Be a self-starter and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast pace and highly technical environment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required as applicants may be subject to a government security investigation.
- Master’s degree in Welding Engineering.
- Experience with the implementation of military (or commercial equivalent) welding standards.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top