- West Valley City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is recruiting for an experienced Welder to join our team at the Bacchus facility in Magna, Utah.
Performs a combination of precision welding and welding Fabrication related activities involving Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, and Lead in all applicable positions. This includes operation of various welding processes such as SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, Plasma Cutting, Oxygen and Acetylene equipment.
• Ability to meet American Welding Society, Class A, B, and C welds using the following methods and materials:
o GTAW, FCAW, GMAW, Oxy Acetylene, in all positions
o Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless steel, and applicable alloys
• Ability to pass weld test and get certifications is required
• Thorough knowledge of welding equipment and shop machinery, and filler materials
• Thorough Knowledge of welding processes, material types and Filler materials
• Excellent problem solving and fabrication skills
• Read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications
• Follow verbal and written instructions
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Work in a team environment with ability to interface with all levels of employees
• Comply with all safety and environmental requirements
• Comply with all policies and procedures
• Work with chemicals and solvents
• Use all shop tools and equipment
• Excellent attendance and reliability
• Work required overtime and assigned shift as required
• High School Diploma or GED
• AAS Welding Degree or Diploma of Welding or equivalent and Minimum 5 Years welding experience
• Minimum 10 years welding and Fabrication experience in the absence of degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top