Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will provide SharePoint development support which includes designing, developing, and maintaining internal and external facing SharePoint sites; applying current agency and team standards; developing applicable documentation; communicating status to appropriate personnel; providing quality work; and working independently within a team environment.
- Designs and builds SharePoint websites and tools to streamline and improve business functions.
- Leverages lists, libraries, web parts, Nintex, InfoPath and other SharePoint tools.
- Documents business and technical requirements, then develops prototypes and mockups to facilitate customer understanding, feedback and design approval.
- Builds custom workflows and forms to share information, provide notifications, and automate approval processes.
- Develops user guides and provides training and technical assistance to further the best use of SharePoint capabilities.
- Identifies opportunities to add functionality or improve ease of use with existing sites.
- Administers user permissions and accounts.
- Performs web design and production tasks using Agency Web Content Management System.
- Migrates existing web content from old to new templates. Creates gadgets such as Flex Slider and Carousel. Updates text on sites.
- Deploys new sites using current template, including configuration of associated files (navigation, heater, footer, etc.).
- Knows and continues to keep up-to-date on Section 508 accessibility requirements and ensures all web pages and web files are compliant.
- Offers suggestions on information architecture, user experience, search engine optimization, 508 compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, and other web best practices.
- Performs QA reviews and all applicable testing before delivery to client for review and approval.
- Attends team meetings and provides valuable input and maintains strong, positive interoffice and client relations. Represents team in cross-organizational workgroups, communities of practice, project teams, etc.
- Uses MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and WinZip software to format and store files as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Science with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 4 years of demonstrated proficiency in SharePoint design, development, and maintenance
- 4 years of experience creating Web pages with professional presentation of text, fonts, colors, and graphic elements
- 3 years of experience in Website Programming – HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS
- Knowledgeable of Section 508 requirements and website accessibility
- Extremely detail-oriented and skilled in quality assurance of output
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with non-technical professionals to ensure that projects meet expectations (collaboration and business analysis skills)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities
- Flexible, team focused, solution oriented leadership and customer service
- Experience working in the CDC SharePoint environment
- Experience supporting healthcare, public health, or science-based projects
- Experience using WordPress Web Content Management System
- Experience in Graphic Design – Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator
- Experience in designing, developing, and remediating 508 compliant sites, documents, and graphics
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web analytics
- Knowledge of User Experience Design concepts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top