At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a VMware Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo).
The selected candidate will be responsible for installation and configuration of virtualization software including VMware products, virtual machine allocation within servers, integration with existing network architecture, and automation with scripting.
- Install and configure VMware on datacenters.
- Develop engineering documentation for system configuration using scripts and automation tools.
- Release documents on schedule using Agile methodology.
- Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline documented procedures and troubleshoot.
- Implement engineering changes to the system as required.
- Integrate and test software and/or hardware systems in a lab environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of STEM related experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years STEM related experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline.
- Active in-scope Top Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Experience with VMware.
- The ability to support up to 10% travel.
- Ability to script deployments of VMware using Bash and Python scripts
- Familiarity with version control such as git
- Familiarity with Atlassian development tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with automation tools, such as Ansible.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to author and maintain technical installation, configuration, and update procedures
- Ability to provide engineering technical support for peer teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top