VMware Developer 5
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a VMware Developer who will support several projects at a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
Collaborate with technical staff to design, configure, develop and maintain an enterprise wide cloud solution. Participate in discussions to understand requirements and objectives. Use the VMware vRealize Suite to deliver IT services through automation and pre-defined policies.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Design, configure and provide administration support for the VMware vRealize Cloud Suite of products which includes vRealize Automation, Orchestration, Operations
- Manager and Life Cycle Manager
- Work with various teams to understand processes and determine how to incorporate into the Cloud so they adhere to policy while being streamlined using automation.
- Provide Administration support of multi-location, multi-cluster virtual environments.
- Configure, implement and support VMWare ESXi v6.5 or higher.
- Formulate conclusions about the state of the virtualization environment using various reporting tools
- Develop methodologies and practices to manage and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure that system performance remains at acceptable levels.
- Maintain software versions of the host infrastructure servers to the latest production levels keeping compliant with security requirements and standards.
- Communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users.
- Work with teams, vendors and consultants to determine strategy for complex system changes, upgrades and implementations.
- Develop configuration and procedural documentation as necessary.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24x7 operations support.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 14 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 12 Years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 18+ years of relevant work experience as a Software Development Analyst in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years performing engineering or development functions in direct support of infrastructure services.
- 3 years of experience supporting VMware vSphere
- 1 year of experience using vRealize Automation and Orchestrator
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- VMware Certified Professional or some VMware certification
- Expertise using vRealize Operations Manager, Life Cycle Manager or Code Stream.
- Experience supporting VMware's Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Experience developing code that integrates with VMware NSX.
- Experience using Github or Bitbucket.
- ServiceNow experience.
- Experience using Ansible.
- Experience using Jira.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience using the Agile software development method
Back to top