Vehicle Performance Engineer Aeronautical 2
Candidate will conduct preliminary design synthesis and analysis of advanced manned, unmanned, air and space vehicles demonstrating a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles associated with vehicle design with general knowledge of other related disciplines. Candidate will also aid in the code development of performance tools, pre/post processors, and other tools for improved efficiency and optimization
Tasks include takeoff/landing, mission and point performance analysis as well as design synthesis and multi disciplined optimization (MDO) of vehicles to meet operational requirements. He/She will conduct studies to define and evaluate advanced concepts, identify technology requirements, perform parametric trade studies and provide design guidance to the other team disciplines. This candidate will provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems in an imaginative, thorough, and practicable manner.
Experience with Optimization Methods, LINUX, Fortran, MATLAB, Python as well as a strong interest in computational methods is desirable.
- BS in Engineering along with a minimum of 2 years’ Aerospace Engineering experience
- Experience with aircraft sizing and performance analysis/optimization
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: Fortran, C , Python, MATLAB
- Strong understanding of optimization and coding methods
- Experience with takeoff/landing, mission and point performance analysis as well as design synthesis and multi-disciplined optimization (MDO).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top