Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a junior levelUX/UI Analyst/Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
As part of the modernization program, the UX/UIAnalyst/Designer will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities and associated work products including user research and design exercises, product wireframe development, and prototype development following a user-centered design approach.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand both customer and end user requirements in an operational environment
- Execute user-centered design approach to develop UX/UI solutions
- Facilitate the customer's product vision by conceiving, sketching, and prototyping experiences for digital products
- Conduct user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Define the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for ConsularOne customer and user-facing web applications
- Develop adaptive and responsive UX/UI wireframes for web-based applications (Adobe Create Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Develop UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years' experience
- Experience in developing adaptive and responsive UX/UI solutions for software development projects that specialize in web and mobile-based applications
- Experience in developing UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
- Background in Agile Software Development, specifically experience in developing detailed user stories to include precise and descriptive acceptance criteria
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be acceptable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience modernizing enterprise software systems (web and mobile-based)
- Experience conducting user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Experience developing UX/UI solutions within an Agile SAFe environment
- Experience defining the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for highly visible web applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top