UX/Multimedia Designer 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer to solve challenging information visualization and navigation problems for complex systems. The UX Designer is responsible for the visual and interaction design of complex application user interfaces. Current projects draw heavily from the visual and interaction design of modern video games and industry best practices. Designers will apply principles and best practices from the fields of interaction design, visual design, user experience, and usability engineering to produce optimal designs.
The successful candidate will develop both conceptual and technical products supporting the user-centered work that is done by the UX team. The candidate will be able to create Web sites and interactive multimedia solutions by incorporating state-of-the-art techniques. The successful candidate will bring creativity and imagination to the design of varied projects and to produce rich solutions to complex problems. The candidate will participate as a member of a multimedia design team along with media and graphic artists, instructional designers, and subject matter experts and must provide a portfolio of work samples.
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI-related field, graphic arts, multimedia production or related field with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following visual design tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Sketchflow or Balsamiq.
- Ability to execute a design following storyboards and using authoring tools to incorporate media
- The candidate must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance within 6 months.
- Ability to communicate design specifications clearly and accurately to customers and software engineers for implementation.
- Experience with Adobe's creative suite
- Experience with wireframe prototyping tools and user-centered design principles
- Experience with SharePoint services
- Understanding of UX testing processes
- Understanding of UX research processes is a plus
- Experience with message shaping and storyboarding
- The candidate able to travel occasionally
- Strong communication skills and openness to feedback
- Able to work in dynamic atmosphere with the possibility of working on several projects and meet deadlines
- Able to produce in HTML, CSS, Flash
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top