USMC Business Development / Account Manager
The USMC Business Development / Account Manager will support the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector's marketing/ business development activities for United States Marine Corps (USMC) programs.
The Manager will be responsible for developing, communicating, coordinating and executing a market portfolio strategy that aligns with NGMS capabilities and investment strategies for the entire USMC market.
The Manager's responsibilities also include: long range strategic planning; business opportunity identification/validation, capture plan development/execution and customer interaction.
The Manager will provide operational and customer expertise for the interested NGMS business areas, determine market trends and develop business cases that align customers' needs/opportunities with NGMS' capabilities and discriminators.
The Manager will be an integral part of establishing a close link between division and staff engineering/systems design personnel and their peers within USMC acquisition/requirements community and for enhancing external customer knowledge / acceptance of Mission Systems products and solutions.
Alternate worksite/flexible office arrangements are available for this position given that much of the Manager's time is expected to be spent in the Quantico, VA/Washington DC area and on associated travel.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 10 years of experience in a programmatic, technical, operational or business development role in the USMC community, to include familiarity with key customers, influencers, and decision makers. Candidates with 14 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience in leading and interacting with executives and technical professionals of various levels regarding capability development
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to motivate/energize teams, and an ability to develop and implement creative strategies that can position the sector for new business
- Knowledge of the USMC / DOD acquisition processes and interfaces with Service counterparts
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- USMC Quantico customer community experience and established relationships
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Advanced degree in a business or technical discipline
- Demonstrated success in applying entrepreneurial or out-of-the-box approaches to problem-solving
- Proven ability to develop/expand a targeted market within the DOD community
- Prior Military experience in operations/acquisition within the USMC community
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top