User Experience (UX) Designer 3 - Part-time/On Call
Are you passionate about creating interactive experiences on web and mobile devices? Northrop Grumman's Learning and Communications Solutions (LCS) group is made up of a diverse talent pool of software engineers, multimedia developers, UX designers, artists, writers, and creative professionals that creates conceptual design solutions for training and information projects in digital media. We are looking for a Part-time/On Call User Experience (UX)/ Multimedia Developer to be part of our interactive team. We may consider remote work.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website
- Assists with interface implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, or Human Factors and at least 5 years of work experience to include any combination of interaction design, information architecture, and presentation skills. We may accept 4 additional years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience developing advanced user interfaces
- IA/UX experience working on large, complex web sites and be an expert in user experience strategy and design, information architecture, and front-end prototyping for web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms.
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and other standard best practices
- Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including user-centered design
- Strong visual and interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding of current front-end coding practices
- Understanding of and experience with responsive web design
- Demonstrated proficiency designing in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient use of common rapid prototyping tool Axure Pro
- Extensive experience designing web application interfaces in an agile environment
- Aspiration to stay on top of cutting edge hardware, software, and interaction design in the industry
- Awareness of new trends in interactive design, development, and digital platforms
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top