User Experience Researcher 2/3
The UX Researcher is responsible for understanding, communicating and implementing end user goals. You will work closely with other project team members to apply principles and best practices from the fields of psychology, user experience, and usability engineering to aid in the production of optimal designs. Communicate research findings clearly and accurately to customers and software engineers for implementation.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering, Sciences, and Technology functional organization which supports a wide range of domains.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the UX research needed to define the users and their goals
- Identify research objectives and methods to meet those objectives
- Interpret research results, derive implications, and communicate recommendations as actionable deliverables through visual and oral presentations
- Collect and define metrics for individual projects to show Return On Investment
- Collaborate with team members through whiteboarding and brainstorming
- Balance user needs, business needs, and technology constraints to build a successful end product
- Communicate research findings through various artifacts and meetings
- Validate designs against UX requirements
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or 3.
BQs for a User Experience Interaction Researcher 2
Bachelor's degree and 2 years HCI experience; or Master's Degree and 0 years of experience; Years of experience in lieu of degree
BQs for User Experience Interaction Researcher 3
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HCI experience; or Master's Degree and 3 years of experience; or PHD and 0 years of experience; years of experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to present complex problems to multiple levels of management and a variety of disciplines
- Conduct user research and design exercises such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, and card sorting.
- Experience creating artifacts such as user flows, user stories, task models, and experience maps
- Ability to travel 25%
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Master's Degree and work experience in an HCI related field
- Experience with message shaping and story-boarding
- Experience with visual and interaction design
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience with usability testing software such as Morae
- Experience with prototyping software such as Axure
- A portfolio of previous work
- Knowledge of software development processes such as Agile
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top