User Experience Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Solutions sector is seeking a User Experience (UX) Manager responsible for providing management expertise to support all phases of the User Centered Design life cycle; manage daily task assignments, client deliverables, and reporting. UX teams are a bit unique and a significant part of your job will be to mentor creative personalities and to help get the roadblocks out of their way. You will also support senior management to maintain task cost and task baseline. In addition, you will oversee the task team including subcontractors and will be responsible for daily operations of a team (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs).
The User Experience Manager will be responsible for conducting user analysis, developing conceptual models of solutions, designing browser-based interfaces, and designing and conducting usability testing. The position will include elicitation of business goals and user needs from stakeholders and users, creating Personas and Scenarios of Use, creating and refining screen prototypes, and documenting user requirements, screen designs, and design recommendations.
The User Experience Manager will be the coordinator of multiple assignments to technical and non-technical personnel, which requires effective planning and coordination of resources for successful performance shall interface with the Government management personnel. Must possess strong oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, status reports, risk/opportunity assessment, quality management, data validation, and operational support.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Perform manager responsibilities for the task order including: planning, risk management, budgeting, forecasting, scheduling, status reporting and be accountable for the overall performance of the task order.
- Manage the performance of others through goal setting, performance reviews, promotions and compensation, conflict resolution, assignments, communicating policies and objectives, and setting expectations.
- Provide oversight and guidance to a team of resources on separate work orders with distinct project activities.
- Ensure quality of all deliverables produced under the task order and the adherence to Northrop Grumman and program standards and guidelines.
- Support the customer in an advisory capacity in the analysis, planning and communications efforts for the overall task and individual work efforts
- Provide guidance and support to the team, as needed, in the User Centered Design process.
- Assist team members, as needed, in developing work products in order to meet customer deadlines.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with customers to gather and document requirements and setting overall project direction.
- Lead the Northrop Grumman team and collaborate with multiple customer teams in the execution of the activities under the task order.
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of related experience or Masters' Degree and 8 years of related experience or 14 years of hands on experience in UX related work will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated technical experience with and an in-depth knowledge of the User Centered Design lifecycle.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in direct Interaction/Interface design experience in User-Centered Methods and User Analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience documenting user requirements, screen designs, and design recommendations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and proficiency in each of the following Microsoft Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing and conducting formative usability tests in both formal and informal settings
- Minimum of 1 year experience in leading small technical teams
- Must be comfortable in preparing and presenting findings / recommendations in both small and large group settings
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Strong understanding of responsive design
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience using Axure RP prototyping software.
- Understanding of Section 508 and its requirements regarding design.
- Certifications CSM, PSM, or PMP a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top