Usability/Human Factor Software Engineer 3
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Usability/Human Factor Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design user experiences for new and existing web-based applications.
- Design user-friendly solutions for complex workflows
- Design high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Create design artifacts, including workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, wireframs, and static and functional prototypes
- Participate in usability testing
- Participate in design review sessions, involving explaining design concepts and decisions to creative director, developments teams, product owners, and stakeholders.
- Understand and follow user experience design processes, standards, and best practices
- 5+ years of experience with User Experience Design or Web Design with a focus on web-based applications
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- A professional portfolio or samples that demonstrate design thinking and a strong understanding of visual design
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
- Pixel perfect design skills
- Strong knowledge of typography
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience working with development teams
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Back to top