US CYBERCOM Software Developer 4
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Developer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fort Meade, MD.
- Develops security software and ensures security is implemented during software development
- Conceives, proposes, and designs software security to mitigate weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Researches and tests new security technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities
- Analyzes and assesses infrastructures for potential vulnerabilities that may result from improper configurations, hardware or software flaws, or operational weaknesses
- Performs security monitoring, log analysis, and forensic analysis to detect security incidents and mount incident response
- Assesses and reports on the impact of security issues that are discovered; recommends and develops mitigation strategies or technical solutions
- Assesses system information security policies against client policies
- Ensures policies are comprehensive to the system
- Evaluates security components against their ability to resist threats in the deployed environment, evaluates configurations and implementation of firewalls, proxy servers, routers, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), wireless networks, etc., against policy requirements, industry best practices, and vendor recommendations
- Plans and integrates the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications
- Conducts vulnerability assessments and penetration testing customized to system functionality and technical requirements, and based on status within security assessment and authorization cycle and authority to operate status
- Perform computer network exploitation development: embedded reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and application development for software and embedded systems with a focus on Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) activities
- Develops test plans and tests software security mechanisms for operational effectiveness and deployment readiness; develops test and evaluation reports
- Provides direction and/or recommendations, and develops security software and improvements of security controls currently in place
- Possesses a thorough understanding of software security and security technologies and concepts
- Develops test plans and evaluation reports, and conducts activities for testing software security mechanisms for operation effectiveness and deployment readiness
- Prepares the environment and conducts vulnerability assessments and penetration test activities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years experience OR 13 years experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- TS/SCI with Poly
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top