Unmanned Pilot III
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Level 3 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Pilot to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
The selected candidate will remotely pilot vehicles to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight programs and flight test events. Conducts briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies. May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities. Develops training curriculum, study outlines, and orientation materials to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Conducts instructional sessions, briefings, follow-ups, and proficiency checks on flight simulators in accordance with federal air regulations and company policies and procedures. Evaluate trainee progress and recommend qualification or additional training. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Coordinates utilization schedules for training flight crews and necessary engineering support.
- Position requires 5 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree; 3 years with Master's Degree.
- Must be familiar with aviation technical data and training development.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a minimum Top Secret security clearance and be willing to undergo a polygraph.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. Candidates must be proficient using MS Office applications and have had experience using mission planning software such as Falcon View.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must maintain a valid U.S. passport. Must be willing to accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 90 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must have an FAA Commercial Instrument rating and current physical.
- Aviation Instructor/Evaluator experience
- Previous simulator instructor experience
- A current SCI clearance and polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top