Unix/Windows/VMware Systems Administrator 2/3 (jr/mid) - TS/SCI CI Poly
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking an entry to mid-level Systems Administrator/Cross Domain-Trusted Agent to support an Intelligence Community customer. We require an experienced UNIX/Solaris system administrator to assist the transformation of the Counterintelligence and Human Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) process. You will be working in a mid-sized team in a fast paced development environment. The team is highly motivated and includes experienced and passionate CI/HUMINT professionals.
The ideal candidate will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with application developers, support teams, and other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations. Coordinates software and operating system installation, configures application environments and provides backup and recovery services. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Additional duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment with the engineering users and other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations and work well multi-tasking various related efforts. Candidate may require early morning or late afternoon hours or weekends to support ongoing activities. Support activities may include communicating with end users and customers on potential issues, researching complex technical problems, collecting system metrics and statistics, monitoring application performance and system logs, and supporting the deployment and installation of new software baselines.
In addition to Cross Domain duties, the administrator may be expected to help manage network, system, and application performance of a multi-user Solaris computing system. Responsibilities include maintaining a Sun hardware environment, monitoring and configuring web application servers, providing technical assistance and consulting to the users, supporting the database administrators, and developing tools for managing the system. The candidate will troubleshoot network and application performance issues and recommends appropriate action. The position is at a customer site and frequent customer interaction is required.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position is located in Reston, VA
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or 3.
Level 2 Systems Administrator: Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of related experience, Master's Degree plus 1 year of related experience, 7 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Level 3 Systems Administrator: Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of related experience, Master's Degree plus 5 year of related experience, 10 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- US Citizenship is required and an Active/current Top Secret /SCI (recent CI Polygraph within the last 5 years is highly preferred)
- Some experience with at least (2) of the following technologies: Unix/Solaris, Linux, Oracle, RHEL, CentOS, VMWare, or Windows Server administration, installation configuration and tuning.
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal and will be responsible for documentation of all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts step-by-step
- Must possess current Security Plus Certification or equivalent (i.e. 8570 certification, CISSP, etc).
- A minimum 3 years of experience with systems administration to include Windows and UNIX/Sun Solaris platforms (knowledge of LINUX is highly desirable).
- Experience with system virtualization using Solaris zones, RHEL, VMWare, CentOS with a mix of COTS and custom code supporting local and guest users.
- Experience with Solaris/UNIX/Linux/VMware based procedures and scripting such as PL/SQL, PERL, UNIX – common shell scripting (k, c, bash, etc.).
- Windows, Windows Server, VMWare Solaris, Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Oracle 11g Database and SQL skills a plus.
- Experience with DNS, Active Directory, Exchange Server desirable
- Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
- DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus.
- Virus and dirty word search tools.
- Oracle DB WebLogic, Apache, JBOSS, JAVA,
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top