Unix Linux Systems Administrator 4
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking UNIX Linux engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Chester, VA.
The qualified applicant will be responsible for supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia's UNIX Linux environment within the area of Operations support, Disaster Recovery, and projects or engagements.
- Resolve assigned incident tickets within predefined SLAs
- Maintains operation of the UNIX Linux servers by coordinating with others from Operating System Support, Storage, Networking, Backup, and Firewall Teams
- Maintains system documentation, tuning system performance, allocate storage
- Develops and monitors NG/VITA policies and standards for allocation computing resources, security hardening, and audit compliance
- Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the course of the Program
- Works with project management to execute implementation or migration projects
- Contributes to the development of new services, techniques, and standards
- Acts as consultant or advisor to management and customers
- Ability to mentor and train other team members
The successful candidate will spend 8-12 weeks cross training on a Monday-Friday schedule. Following successful completion of cross training, the position will move to a permanent Thursday-Sunday 4x10, on-site beginning at 7:00 a.m. schedule.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years related experience OR Master's Degree with 8 years related experience OR High School Diploma with 18 years related experience
- Experience with multiple UNIX and Linux operating systems and the various server management products
- Enterprise level experience with Hewlett Packard and Cisco server hardware platforms
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting storage area networking, networking, backup and recovery technologies
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to perform without appreciable direction
- Ability to clearly present technical approaches or findings in oral and written formats
- Experience representing a Program as the prime technical contact with vendors
- Candidate may be required to travel for Disaster Recovery Exercise and testing
- Candidate may be required to participate in Patch Management activities that require evening and weekend support or to participate in an on-call rotation
- US Citizenship is Required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Proven skill and ability to perform complex tasks in a customer-driven environment
- Enterprise level experience developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Extensive expertise within disaster recovery, server migrations, storage migrations, server patching, and other related disciplines
- Experience with clustering and high availability services
- Experience with security hardening and audit compliance
- Considerable experience writing and debugging shell scripts
- VITA Program or IT integration experience
- One or more IT industry recognized certifications
- Understanding of the ITIL Framework
Position is located in Richmond VA Metro Area supporting the VITA Program.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top