University Relations Senior Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Northrop Grumman seeks an experienced University Relations & Recruiting (UR&R) Lead. This is an opportunity to join an amazing Talent Acquisition team that is dedicated to driving innovation and building the best workforce for the future for Northrop Grumman. In this highly visible role, Senior Leadership will call upon you to be a UR&R subject matter expert. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities include consulting with hiring teams to build strategic hiring plans, sourcing top talent from our core Universities, executing campus recruiting events, screening and presenting high-potential candidates to hiring teams, coordination of campus interviews and presenting offers of employment. Additional responsibilities include operating as a team lead in support of the functional organizations.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
Work to ensure hiring manager readiness and accountability to hire and partner with staffing.
Ability to understand and articulate client's requirements, culture and other compatibility issues that are critical to making a successful hire.
Routinely advises team members on applying a business mindset to the UR&R function.
Assists the team in making connections between all talent phases (acquisition, development, retention).
Leverages data to improve team member and hiring manager staffing performance.
Regularly leverages market intelligence to develop and execute college recruiting strategies.
Successfully blends diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy in the decision process.
Demonstrates uncompromising ethical standards, integrity and respect for people.
Maintains composure under stress and understands how externalized emotions may impact others.
Demonstrates self-awareness of strengths and opportunities; acts with humility by asking for feedback.
Serves as a steward of the company; placing the needs of the company/ department before personal goals.
Proactively partners with TA leaders and peers to ensure consistency in governing teams and processes.
Influences university partners, hiring managers, executives, candidates and peers by developing credible and trusting relationships.
Effectively leverages compensation, employee relations and business partners when advising the business.
Routinely leverages metrics when advising managers, recruiter performance and department processes.
Operates with a high sense of urgency (action-oriented).
Constructively pushes back and/or conducts crucial conversations with hiring managers.
Drive strong recruitment efforts through solid account management, recruitment process adoption.
Builds capabilities and competencies in others - peers and subordinates.
Communicates with impact (routinely educates the team on the organization, strategies, changes).
Serves as a department change agent (first to adopt and advocate for new direction).
Coaches team members how to effectively conduct crucial conversations with candidates/ hiring managers.
Routinely provides performance feedback while co-facilitating annual reviews with the department leaders.
Participates in the hiring, training and development of new UR&R team members.
Consistently promotes and adheres to compliance, diversity and talent acquisition processes.
Routinely identifies and implements long-term solutions to program, policy and process challenges.
Proactively identifies opportunities to operationalize processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks.
Proactively validates team member data (always ensuring integrity of values captured).
Ensure UR&R team is utilizing ATS efficiently while driving and maintaining OFCCP guidelines.
Drive consistency of all policies and procedures for UR&R team and ensure relevance to the business needs
Assessment and Selection:
Serves as a subject matter expert to effectively assess candidates (via in-person, video or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
Quickly synthesizes candidate and hiring manager feedback (teaches the team to actively listen)
Routinely pre-closes candidates and mentors staff on effective closing techniques
- B achelor's degree
- 10years of experience in recruiting, human resources, organizational effectiveness or related field with a Bachelor's degree, or8 years of experience with a Masters' degree.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent customer service with university contacts, hiring managers and candidates while maintaining strong partnerships with HR Business Leaders
- Pro ficiency in MS Office products.
- Energetic public speaker and comfortable presenting and facilitating in front of large groups.
- Comprehensive understanding of OFCCP compliance.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business or related field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to command the attention and respect of leadership, ability to create and manage strategic alliances while driving the talent acquisition process.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects.
- A bility to mentor and lead less experienced team members.
- Ex cellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6 or more years of university recruiting in a large and complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, adapt to changing business requirements and proactively seek constructive feedback.
- High energy level with the determination to persist even when faced with challenges.
- Ability to function independently in a high-volume fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate solid judgment, the ability to quickly learn systems, processes and procedures Embraces technology to build more efficient processes.
- Program or process improvement experience; able to assess, diagnose and design creative and innovative solutions.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Flexible, embraces change and leads the way.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top