Unified Communications Technician
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Unified Communications (UC) Technician to support the DSS-ITSS program. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Unified Communications (UC) Technician will support the integrated communication tools comprised of Video Conferencing (VTC), Audio/Visual (A/V), Collaboration Services, Voice Services, and Mobile Solutions. Endpoints reside on unclassified and classified networks.
A successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plan and lead major technology assignments. Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Update and maintain the SOPs that support unified communications
- Provide VTC provisioning, setup, configuration, call scheduling, and problem management.
- Design and engineer Unified Communications solutions.
- Recommend improvements to the existing service catalog of offerings and implement new capabilities.
- Provide conference room AV and VTC support, to include setup, design, configuration, troubleshooting, operation, and sustainment of UC devices.
- Provide support for mobile telephone service deployments, account setup with provider, troubleshooting, configuration, and migration to provider services.
- Provide coordination and resolution with the DOD Mobility Classified and Unclassified Capability (DMCC/UC) in support of mobile device management services.
- Provide mobile device end-user support and incident resolution including but not limited to device setup and configuration, problem/resolution, hotspot management, application support, and email configuration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve email service requests in coordination with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) (DOD Enterprise Email.)
- Provide inventory management, specifications, and compliance for all assigned devices.
- Provide wireless billing management.
- Develop and conduct end-user training on UC equipment capabilities.
- Provide A/V setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Provide VoIP desk phone support, to include deployments, troubleshooting, configuration, problem management, training, and maintenance.
- Provide weekly reports regarding UC (to include, VTC, Voice, Instant Messaging, and mobile communications) Incident reporting (by category and region) Trouble Resolution etc.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience, preferably in telecom or unified communications
- General understanding of telephony concepts (PBX, circuits, dial plans, routing)
- Ability to work effectively in a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors
- Hands on experience with Service ticketing tools
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Experience administering PBX / VoIP system administration
- Experience administering Lync/Skye for Business
- Experience with Multi-platform client computing across Windows & Apple clients operating systems.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top