Undersea Systems Mechanical Engineer 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer 3/4 to join the Undersea Systems Business Unit located in Annapolis, MD. Come join the Undersea Systems team where innovation and quality thrive!
The Mechanical Engineer Will:
- Provide technical leadership in the analysis and design of complex mechanical underwater systems, handling systems, and underwater vehicles.
- Support/lead development of system design concepts, evaluation of system characteristics including system trade studies, subsystem design, and integration and test.
The successful candidate will have background in designing for manufacturability, fabrication processes for marine structures and subsystems, and proficiency in common design tools and analytical techniques.
Experience in the development of system test programs, I&T including electrical and software, underwater cables & connectors, winch/cable systems, electronic packaging, mechanisms and project leadership is a plus.
This is a dual-band requisition; the ideal candidate can be hired as either a Band 3 or a Band 4 Mechanical Engineer. The basic qualifications are described below
Basic Qualifications for Band 3:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years, PhD with 1 year.
- The ability to Obtain and Maintain a Secret Clearance
- Moderate proficiency in common engineering /office tools (including MathCad, MatLab, FEA, MS Office) and analytical techniques including: basic structural, thermal and machine design.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD programs such as NX and knowledge of engineering drawing development.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment
Basic Qualifications for Band 4:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field with with 9 years, MS with 7 years, PhD with 4 years. US Citizenship and current TS/SSBI clearance required to start.
- Proficiency in common engineering /office tools (including MathCad, MatLab, FEA, MS Office) and analytical techniques including: basic structural, thermal and machine design.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD programs such as NX and knowledge of engineering drawing development. Demonstrated project leadership experience.
- Underwater design experience; autonomous underwater vehicle design/operation experience; mechanism design. Proficiency in NX and FEA tools (FEMAP, NASTRAN, ANSYS). Demonstrated project leadership experience.
- Clearance with current Top Secret with CI or FS polygraph.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top