Undersea Systems Mechancial Engineer - All Levels
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector – Undersea Systems Group is seeking Mechanical Engineers with experience. If your seeking an
Undersea Systems team where innovation and quality thrive please apply today!
These openings are located in Annapolis, MD.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- -Moderate proficiency in common engineering /office tools (including MathCad, --MatLab, FEA, MS Office) and analytical techniques including: basic structural, thermal and machine design.
- -Proficiency with 3D CAD programs such as NX and knowledge of engineering drawing development.
- -Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment
- -Underwater design experience; autonomous underwater vehicle design/operation experience; mechanism design.
- -Proficiency in NX and FEA tools (FEMAP, NASTRAN, ANSYS). Demonstrated project leadership experience.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field with 2 years of experience, MS with 0 years.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top