UH - 60 / Aircraft Mechanic 3
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to Join Northrop Grumman? If so, come join our Team of Professionals as a UH-60 Aircraft Mechanic. This position in located at Fort Eustis, VA.
The selected candidate will support the Fort Eustis Aviation Sustainment and Modernization efforts.
Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms. Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components. Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation. Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals. Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Prioritizes workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
1. A High School diploma or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 6 years of experience with UH-60 aircraft.
3. Ability to pass a physical exam as it relates to assigned duties within the last 5 years.
4. Ability to pass a background investigation and be eligible for a DoD CAC Card.
5. A thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts as well as aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
6. A broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
7. A working knowledge of technical publications.
8. Basic knowledge of electrical theory.
9. Ability to provide own common hand tools.
1. Be able to wear a respirator and pass a pulmonary exam.
2. More than 6years' experience with UH-60 aircraft.
3. A&P License
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top