Travel and Expense Reporting Lead 3
The Western Region Field Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Travel and Expense Reporting Lead Coordinator professional to join our team in San Diego, CA. The Travel and Expense Reporting Lead Coordinator will work within the Contingency and Deployment Operations (CDO) department. The Travel and Expense Reporting Lead Coordinator will perform complex tasks and participate in determining objectives of assignments. Plans schedules and arranges activities for a small team.
Lead Coordinator duties include:
- Provides direct leadership over a small team of administrative professionals to ensure daily tasking is completed. Daily team tasking includes, providing travel coordination support to the CDO team with a focus on providing exceptional travel scheduling and expense reporting review support for 80 deploying personnel
- Work directly with the Deployment Support Manager to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. Develops procedures and processes that support Northrop Grumman travel and expense reporting policies. Must be able to interact with CDO Management, and other program managers across Northrop Grumman business sectors.
- Support CDO Management with travel expenses data to facilitate program execution forecasts. The Travel and Expense Lead Coordinator will provide administrative research in support of problem analysis, and make recommendations for process improvement. Some after hours or weekend work may be required for emergency travel coordination.
- Representing the CDO on travel scheduling and other administrative matters.
- Recommends, interprets, and/or implements company and CDO internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Oversee scheduling of overseas travel arrangements for deployed personnel and have an expertise in expense report liquidation.
- Work directly with corporate payroll to address complex expense report submissions, and facilitate timely liquidation to the employee.
Bachelors degree with six (6) years experience; four (4) experience with a Masters degree. Ten (10) years experience in the travel scheduling, or other fast paced administrative environment may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Security Clearance: Active security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced proficiency in the MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word as well as other MS Office applications to include MS PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with CONCUR travel and expense reporting software tool; or other industry standard expense reporting software tools.
- Must possess the ability to solve moderately difficult administrative problems; and provide direction to the office team.
- The applicant must be proactive, flexible and able to adapt to constant changing needs and priorities. Should be comfortable in a fast paced environment and have the ability to work well under pressure. Must be able to prioritize work for a small team, and be able to demonstrate follow through in a timely manner.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment when escalating email correspondence to management, while preserving confidentiality in all interactions.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion when interfacing with subordinates, peers; and internal/external customers of all levels will be required.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working as a DoD contractor.
- Previous lead or supervisor experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top