Traffic Operations Center Operator 1 (Part Time)
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a part-time Traffic Operations Center (TOC) Operator. The TOC Operator may work various shifts and may be required to work weekends and holidays.
TRIMARC TOC Operators are responsible for assessing all incoming traffic data and determining in real time the content and priority of traffic reports to be disseminated. TRIMARC operators accurately process large volumes of data from a wide variety of sources. TRIMARC operators are the principal contact for many agencies and members of the public. Operators routinely communicate with emergency service personnel and transportation officials representing various agencies in the TRIMARC region.
- Synthesizes information from multiple simultaneous inputs, including automated road sensor data, emergency frequency scanners, two-way radios, CCTV cameras and computer databases.
- An Entry Level TOC Operator will train to become competent in the operation of TransCommander™ software, telecommunications skills, incident location, camera control, CAD monitoring and Freeway Service Patrol dispatch.
- Monitors closed circuit television (CCTV) video monitors.
- Monitors emergency frequency scanners.
- Disseminates traffic information to the motoring public utilizing Dynamic Message Signs, Highway Advisory Radio, the TRIMARC website, social media, 511, print and broadcast media and information service provider partners.
- Communicates effectively with the motoring public and government agencies.
- Maintains radio communications with and directs Freeway Service Patrols.
- Maintains radio and telephone communications with Public Service Agencies.
- Crosschecks static databases regarding construction and special events.
- Provides written reports as required.
- Performs other ancillary duties as determined by management.
- Associate of Arts or other 2 year technical degree in a related discipline, or two years of work experience in lieu of degree requirement.
- Ability to learn metropolitan roadways and their multiple or alternate names, under whose jurisdiction they fall, where that jurisdiction changes, and what alternate routes exist.
- Ability to use office equipment including personal computers and their software with a particular emphasis on graphical user interface applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Operators must acquire Tunnel Operations certification within six months of hire.
- Previous experience in a Traffic Operations Center
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top