At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds, and delivers space, defense, and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems, and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems, and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems Division is currently recruiting for a Tool Material Planner II at the Bacchus, Utah location.
As a Tooling Material Planner for Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems Division you will be responsible for ordering material, scheduling special tooling and equipment through our internal fabrication shops and writing purchase requisition for fabricating special tooling and equipment at suppliers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Initiates the procurement of new and major modification of tooling by providing a cost estimate and purchase requisition.
• Estimates hours and administrates time and material contracts.
• Control modification, fabrication and repairs on tooling through in house processes.
• Maintain history packets for auditing and tool proposal information
• Administrate and reconcile the Spot buy and Credit Card system to insure timely delivery of material required for in house fab, modification, and repair of tooling.
• Input, coordinate and maintain all tooling work orders in the TRT-2 and Cost Point systems.
• Coordinate and maintain status on tooling requiring decontamination.
• Prepare shop planning derived from blueprints, TDR dispositions and direction from manufacturing/quality engineering.
• Coordinate planning problems with shop personnel, manufacturing and quality engineering as required.
• Receive and verify all special ordered steel and materials from vendors.
• Coordinate bill of material supplies and issue kitted materials.
• Works daily with Property Management, VSETS, Program Managers, and Customers to support their needs.
• Support Continuous Improvement
• BS degree plus 3 years work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
o Note: This position may be filled at a higher level requiring 6 years of work experience
• Experience working with/in fabrication and machine shops.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills
• Technical attention to detail on past projects and assignments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top