Tool Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people™s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they™re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Tool Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Aircraft production assembly line tool design experience for large, high complexity assembly processes, includinghandling and lifting fixture design experience.
- Must be capable of performing tool design development utilizing CATIA V5 or NX 8.5 or above.
- Lofting/surfacing skills in the CAD systems
- Must have production assembly tooling and design background with demonstrated knowledge depth of the processes and standards used in the aerospace industry for this.
- Applicant should be familiar with all current GD&T and best practices for delivering and managing tool design data.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with 5 years of tool design experience as a tool design engineer for aircraft; OR Masters degree in STEM with 3 years of tool design experience as a tool design engineer for aircraft
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required
- Experience with NX/CATIA
- Experience with Composite Tooling
- Experience with AssemblyTooling
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top