TMC Systems Engineer 4 (Senior Principal Engineer Systems)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Threat Modeling Center (TMC) at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principle Engineer Systems based out of Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) is responsible for development of high fidelity, intel-credible models and simulations used to stimulate element models of the Ballistic Missile Defense System, including kinematic missile modeling, IR signature modeling, data production/analysis activities, and maintenance/ sustainment activities for the entire TMC software baseline. The TMC Engineering Team is responsible for the design, development, integration, test, and deployment of multiple software suites to both internal and external users of the software to accomplish the M&S mission of the TMC by employing Agile SW Development methodologies. The TMC is a cornerstone element to the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Engineering Directorate (DE) Task Order.
- Lead in the creation and development of system level requirements and the creation of Agile User Stories
- Generation of system level use cases as they relate to user needs
- Development of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models, DoDAF and SysML artifacts, conceptual designs, and acceptability criteria for TMC applications
- Work across multiple engineering disciplines to ensure all aspects of product development include a focus on systems engineering rigor to ensure the highest quality products are delivered to our users
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world .
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) and 9 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of systems engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Active Final DoD Secret clearance
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment
- Must possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology and tools (PTC Integrity Modeler) and SysML methods
- Knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, atmospheric dynamics, and missile performance parameters necessary to model ballistic missiles is highly desirable
- Prior experience in the use or development of missile and airborne threat technical products
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong math, physics or engineering background
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top