- West Valley City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is recruiting for a Third Operator to join its team at the Bacchus (Magna), Utah facility.
Role Description and Responsibilities
As a Third Operator you perform manual hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing solid fuel rocket motors used for space flight by our government and commercial customers. Tasks may include but are not limited to Tooling/Assembly/Disassembly, Case Surface Preparation, Final Product Assembly, Chemical Mixing/Casting, and Propellant Ingredient Handling, Maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by supervisor. Must be able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation and able to perform basic math and measurement functions. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and scheduling of their team.
- High School diploma or GED (education will be verified).
- 1-2 years (or more) of previous manufacturing (product assembly) experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Able to acquire and maintain Employee Possessor (EP) status under the Safe Explosives Act (SEA).
- Currently possess or able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be able to work shift work, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Prefer candidates with some post high school education.
- Able to wear a respirator and pass the FIT testing.
- Able to pass and maintain Manufacturing-To-Inspect (MTI) certifications.
- Experience using precision measuring instruments and assorted hand tools.
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist, push and pull up to 50 lb, etc) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc).
- Prefer experience with the safe handling of hazardous materials, operating industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts and hand tools. Job function may require handling of live propellant related materials.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
Back to top