Thermal/Mechanical Engineer Sr. Principal Space/Satellite) (Top Secret/SCI Clearance)
- Pasadena, CA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, around the earth, to the Moon, to Mars, and throughout the solar system. This includes systems engineering, spacecraft development, manufacturing, integration and test, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and innovative technology development. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman in support of the Jet Prolusion Laboratory. Join an organization of Technical Services support to National Security programs, earth science and planetary missions. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Space Systems Sector, Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist an innovative team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to perform engineering on spacecraft systems or subsystems.
The position is located in Pasadena, California.
- Research, plan, design and develop mechanical products and systems such as instruments, and electronics.
- Perform thermal analysis and heat transfer analysis..
- Perform vibration pre-test analysis.
- Support the design, development, test planning and execution of electronics assemblies.
- Perform thermal and structural analyses of electronic hardware designs. Determine component temperatures for a variety of environments and assess random vibration fatigue life.
- Review analyses submitted by subcontractors to customer projects.
- Support environmental test programs.
- Support design reviews.
- Interact extensively with project personnel in coordinating activities, and reporting status, issues and plans.
•Must be a U.S. citizen and have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
•Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical or Physics.
•Nine years of experience in structural/thermal analysis
• Must have some capability in thermal and structural design and analysis software such as Thermal Synthesizer System (TSS), ANSYS, COSMOS, Thermal Analyzer System (TAS), or Thermal Desktop, and Solidworks or equivalent.
Back to top