Thermal Systems Staff Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Thermal Systems Staff Engineer located in Redondo Beach.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Thermal systems requirements development
- Thermal systems trades and architectural development
- Comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Lead and perform thermal analysis on space-based hardware using industry standard thermal analysis software/tools.
- Development of active and passive thermal designs using numerical solutions and hand calculations
- Identify and initiate corrective action of problems, discrepancies and deficiencies to ensure requirements (technical, schedule, & cost) are met and product quality is not compromised.
- Apply technical expertise to the planning, testing and correlation of test results to model predictions.
- Collaborate in and lead in team environment, to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to interface with project management/IPT, RDE, SPM, customer and functional management
Back to top