- Oxnard, CA
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, is currently in search of a Thermal Analyst to support our Engineering group in our Oxnard, CA facilities. Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, has enabled complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully deployed on hundreds of space missions with 100% success.
The Thermal Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Perform Thermal Analysis on space based hardware using industry standard thermal analyzer software/tools.
- Design and analysis of active and passive thermal systems using thermal software tools, numerical solutions and hand calculations, preparation of technical documents and powerpoint presentations.
- Establish test parameters for thermal testing, test monitoring and correlation of test results to model predictions
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics or Aerospace and at least two (2) years of related experience
- Must possess an understanding of the basic principles of radiation and conduction heat transfer in conjuction with environmental heating effects and orbital parameters associated with Low Earth Orbit and Geo-synchronous Orbit applications.
- Proficient in the use of TRASYS, SINDA and TSS.
- Knowledge of Thermal Desktop a plus.
Back to top