Tester C Turbines
Prepare and connect apparatus for tests. Operate test facilities and controls to perform static tests on a variety of turbine and auxiliary products where methods, sequences and tooling are normally established. Work with and/or assist journey level testers as required. Qualify, secure, and maintain a security clearance for all tester functions, including:
- Receive work assignment from supervision and instruction from Test Engineer.
- Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI package including drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
- Position and mount apparatus on pedestals and stands, assemble and bolt together components, tests plates, adapters, fixtures, hoses, fittings and piping. Cut and install gaskets as necessary and connect specified steam, water, air and oil lines and gauges for static testing turbines and auxiliary components. Disassemble after testing is completed.
- Start, operate and monitor test facilities such as pumps, valves, low pressure steam generating equipment and associated auxiliaries (feed water system, cooling water and condensate system, etc.) heat exchangers and water treatment units to maintain the power, steam, water and oil required to static test products.
- Operate test stand controls to maintain specified pressures, temperatures, and flows to static test a variety of products.
- Visually check for leaks during test and continually review test data to insure results are within the parameters of the specification and operating policies.
- Start and operate pickling equipment to clean various castings, fabrications and parts.
- Assemble and connect products for testing, operate controls, and assist in conducting routine dynamic tests of products under the direction of a higher level tester.
- Maintain inventory of instruments and gauges and have them calibrated at specified times.
- Observe safe operating practices and maintain familiarity with emergency shutdown procedures.
- Make proper time charge entries and record data as required.
- Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
This is Union represented position.
- Experience with steam plant operations either onboard a U.S. Navy vessel or within a commercial facility.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude: Quickly learns and develops skills.
- Excellent motivation to provide an individual contribution to the team.
- Develop an expertise and become a Go-To person in a particular area of the department.
- Ability to qualify all required watch stations and maintain qualification.
- Ability to attain and maintain a security clearance.
- Pass skills evaluation test.
- Active security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top