Test Planning & Requirements Manager
- San Diego, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
The manager is expected to divide the work between Section Manager responsibilities (secondary) and supporting Global Hawk (primary).
As TP&R lead, responsibilities include leading a team of Test Leads, Systems Test Engineers and Instrumentation Engineers. Responsible for all activities pertaining to test program management activities involving test planning, requirements allocation and verification, and test scope for the Global Hawk domestic portfolio. Responsibilities include providing test interface between engineering, customer, program management and test personnel to meet test requirements for all Integrated Functional Capabilities from concept development through proposal, contract baselining, test planning, test program execution through fielding. The TP&R Manager role will actively promote Agile Enterprise initiatives and lead the TP&R team in this specific area by providing emphasis, training, and resources needed by the team.
Specifically, the TP&R lead manages:
- Develops and maintains the Integrated Test Plan (ITP) throughout program lifecycle
- Manages test program scope and contract deliverables
- Develops and maintains the HALE System Test Management Plan (STMP) for test program management
- Leads test program planning of requirements and verification of requirements
- Provides Requirements/traceability-based regression analysis.
- Cost and schedule performance for near and long range planning
- Drives Enterprise agile and continuous integration through support of continued increases in test automation, especially NI-based, RVT-driven bench automation
- Drives and champions the adoption of "Test-Like-You-Fly test operations, risk assessments, self-reporting configuration, virtual test environments, fix-it-now, and other affordability initiatives.
- CCB/TRB/RIO Board POC for evaluating and assembling inputs from test team member and identifying synergies
- Identifying and developing Risk and Opportunities for I&T; assisting with mitigation and scheduling; With opportunity emphasis on Agile Engineering/Enterprise.
- Primary interface with Systems Engineering to assist in developing the program master verification plan, and understanding all test related requirements are planned
- Quality control/verification of test procedures and reports for I&T
- Support Test Execution of Laboratory and Flight SoW
- Support the development of the test configuration reports (TCR) for SUT
- TP&R Manager's team will identify opportunities for synergies and savings within the System Test IPT as well as across the HALE Enterprise.
- All requirements and planning efforts will be centralized in the TP&R team and the SoW will be scoped and engineered across the performing teams.
- TP&R Manager's team will utilize model based system engineering tools tailored for Integration and Test, but allow for synchronization with System Engineering.
- TP&R Manager's team will act as a primary interface with the customer and will be responsible for ensuring alignment with DoD policy, and will shape T&E paradigm throughout the customer community.
The successful candidate will help their section members understand our organization's vision and principles, build a culture that empowers and motivates individual excellence, and establish functional homeroom shared accountability for program performance.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of Engineering Experience
- Must have an Active in Scope DOD Secret Clearance
- Lab Test Experience
- Flight Test Experience
- Top Secret Clearance
Back to top