Test Facility Engineer- Swing Shift
- Sunnyvale, CA
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Test Facility Engineer based out of Sunnyvale, Ca.
What You'll get to Do:
- Ensure that all system integrity is maintained in compliance with all CA State and local codes, regulations and operational requirements, as well as specific site and program procedures and directives.
- Manage repair and preventative maintenance activities and coordinate on-site contractor activities
- Develop and maintain long range maintenance and capital plans
- Prepare, document and execute Operator training plans and operating procedures consistent with safe and proper operational requirements to include plant start-up and shut down
- Maintain preventative maintenance procedures as well as all overhaul, repair and maintenance records for the facility
- Ensure all controls, devices, components or systems are properly calibrated, serviced, repaired and replaced and that all function properly in accordance with the OEM specifications and the codes and standards adopted
- Develop and maintain program specific Pre and Post Test checklists
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology Engineering or Math)
- 2+ years of mechanical or electrical engineering work experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Exposure to propulsion and power plant machinery
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday Swing shift (5-8's)
- Test and Facility Operational Experience
- Steam plant/boiler, lubricating and hydraulic systems operational experience
- Exposure to methodical system diagnostic techniques and processes
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top