Test Engineer - Engineer Systems Test 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking motivated professionals to join our team as a Test Engineer. This position will be located in either Falls Church, Springfield or Lorton, VA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...the qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops automated test scripts to validate functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Executes test scripts during internal system testing.
- Documents test issues and works with development team to validate/recreate.
- Performs retesting and regression testing.
- Documents test results for incorporation into the Requirements Traceability and Verification Matrix.
- Provides support to Client testers during acceptance testing, including test script walkthroughs, document testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
- All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
Additional duties may also include: Develop and implement program test plans, quality assurance plans, programs, and procedures using the testing tools. Oversees tests to ensure that performance and quality products conform to established policy and standards. Develops test reports. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to software and systems engineering. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with all program staff to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions and modifications. Participates in meetings as required.
- Must have 5 Years related experience with a Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD.
Must possess a Bachelor's in Science degree.
Must possess a minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience.
Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
Must have knowledge and experience working with and supporting the development of an overall test Plan and tailored test plans for each release.
Must have experience developing automated test scripts and working with one or more of QTP, HP-UFT Selenium, Rational Functional Tester and/or Junit.
Must have a familiarity with writing database scripts for backend validation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Experience with CBP
- Experience with collaboration and tracking tools, such as Microsoft Visio, JIRA and Confluence Wiki.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top