Test Engineer 4 (17-002)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Test Engineer to be a member of the Colorado Springs Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization. This position requires a motivated individual to will coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) interfaces design implementation in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities for interfaces or infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., Internal Messaging, control and monitoring, message and display recording and playback, failover processing). Execute tests of interface communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting. Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues. Coordinate and disseminate the weekly Lab Schedule including sending out the Daily Status Report (DSR) for the runs that were executed that day. Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required.
The Test Engineer position will be located in Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and 9 years of experience; or MS and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years.
- Active Secret clearance
- Security certification
- Knowledge of software verification processes and techniques, test reporting, regression testing, and test data analysis
- Significant experience and expertise with ICD verification as well as command and control infrastructure software such as data handling and synchronization including ancillary equipment monitoring
- Experience analyzing and validating the performance and validity of interfaces and supporting system software to specified system requirements
- Strong verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent test perspectives to system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs.
- Experience should include: use of DoD test methodologies; functional capability related test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting
- Experience in testing and evaluation of a software-intensive system in a variety of test environments/venues.
- The analysis experience should involve characterizing system, software, or component performance using quantitative methods; reporting the characterization to subsequent users; and contributing to performance assessment by program system engineers.
- Master’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related
- MDA element analysis, experience with BMDS elements or components, to include operational systems (e.g., Aegis, Patriot), and developmental systems (e.g., GMD, THAAD, SBX) in either a test or operational environment, manipulation of large data sets;
- Spreadsheet analysis, and associated tools
- MATLAB, JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development, Perl, PL/SQL queries, conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data, development of action plans based upon analysis of data, documenting software deficiency reports, and presenting analysis results and plans of action orally and/or in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top