Test Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a 'System Integration & Test Engineer 2' to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's 'System's Engineering,
Integration, and Test' department in Buffalo, NY. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other various engineering disciplines, and our customers, to deliver state-of the-art Simulation Systems solutions.
The System Integration & Test Engineer will be responsible for leading and executing system integrations within the Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulator (CEESIM) or Open Air Range Training product line areas. This
role includes generating test plans and procedures from a set of pre-defined requirements, executing system level performance testing in accordance with test procedures, from initial system power up through customer witnessed
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Generate test plans and procedures from a set of pre-defined system requirements.
- Execute system level performance testing in accordance with generated test procedures.
- Perform complex test measurements through the use of various commercially available test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and power meters.
- Apply the appropriate engineering skills to actively troubleshoot and repair non-conformances as they arise.
- Utilize strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with an integrated engineering and program team; and convey status of issues, problems, and concerns.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel.
- Travel to customer site for installation of our systems upon testing completion.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or related Engineering degree, plus 2 years of experience in an engineering field; or a Master of Science degree in Electrical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering, or a related Engineering degree plus 0 years of experience.
- Hands on experience in a test / troubleshooting environment with exposure to commercially available test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and Power Meters.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Master's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering
- Working experience and knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) theory.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top