Test Engineer 2
NGMS is seeking a Test Engineer 2 to for test automation to join its team of qualified and diverse professionals supporting this important mission. This individual will act as a primary contact between the program and the supply base for all material and services required on the program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop test automation software using an automation tool specific to the Scrum Team
- Work with a team of software developers to establish and develop test automation methods and techniques; plan, develop, implement and conduct Story level tests
- Utilize knowledge of test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity; create program test plans and procedures and compliance with program requirements.
- Perform analysis of system-level requirements and managing changes as they affect test procedures; development, tracking and monitoring derived requirements; writing standard program test documentation
- Assist in the performance of test assignments involving the definition of test and verification requirements and will operate under general supervision — guidance received will relate primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and/or requirements
- Develop test automation software using an automation tool specific to the Scrum Team; work with a team of software developers to establish and develop test automation methods and techniques
- Plan, develop, implement and conduct Story level tests; utilize a knowledge of test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity; create program test plans and procedures and compliance with program requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and a minimum 2 years related experience
- Understanding of, or training in system test planning
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Working Knowledge of automated testing and test script development
- Understanding of requirements/acceptance criteria as they pertain to test requirement analysis
- Understanding of automated test preparation and procedure execution
- Working Knowledge of automated testing, test script development and automated test preparation and procedure execution
- Understanding of program and software development life cycle models
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Eligibility for a DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience writing JRuby/Ruby, Java, JBehave, C and/or C#
- Experience working within Agile teams using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) concepts
- Experience in performing system test planning and implementation for medium to large-scale systems using state-of-the-art technology in an agile development environment
- Working Knowledge of automation tools (e.g. Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence and Fisheye_Crucible)
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top