Test Coupon Shop/Conventional Machinist/Mechanical Technician 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our Nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is currently hiring for a Mechanical Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in our Mechanical Test Coupon Shop. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Mechanical Test Coupon Shop supports numerous programs including; F-18, F-35, Global Hawk, B-2, E2-D and several classified programs by producing metallic, non-metallic and composite test articles in support of the Material and Processes (M&P) organization. These coupons are tested in destructive and non-destructive inspection techniques, methods and procedures to qualify and verify the material properties and design allowables specified by Quality Engineering specifications.
Coupon Shop technicians utilize scales, height gauges and other measuring equipment needed to ensure proper layout of coupons. They then utilize numerous types of machine shop equipment, including saws, mills, surface grinders, sanders, etcetera to fabricate coupons that are compliant to engineering requirements and to ensure the quality of products.
The Mechanical Technician 3 will be expected to:
- Interface with engineers and customers.
- Attend meetings and transport completed coupons to test locations.
- Keep engineers and management apprised of status and ensure product quality and compliance.
- Work closely with M&P engineers and Quality engineers to develop methodologies and processes for fabricating test coupons.
The candidate must either currently have or have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. Communication with supporting organizations and individuals is routine. Must be flexible to work the first shift during the transition period, and once this is complete, able to work the second shift and extensive overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum 7 years of experience using conventional machines to fabricate complex parts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and meet the approval process for individual SAR program access
- 15 years of related conventional machining experience
- Current Secret security clearance and meet the approval process for individual SAR program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top