Test Conductor Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Test Conductor to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is for a NGC Lab Operations Cognizant Engineer Lead position supporting multiple shifts either weekend shifts (Friday-Sunday), or 3 rd shift (0000-0630 estimated) in Melbourne, Florida. Initial training will take place on either first or second shift. Once trained and support is required, the selected candidate will transfer to either weekends or 3 rd shift lead.
- Responsible to ensure engineering tests serve mission objectives and mechanisms are in place to execute the tests.
- Responsible for testing all customer samples.
- Oversees the operational aspects of engineering tests and serves as liaison to program, engineering and line management.
- Reviews status of test requirements, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Selects and supervises technicians during test.
- Assesses anomalies and develops resolutions to documented procedures in conjunction with Test and Quality Engineering.
- Involved in lab operations including, but not limited to, laboratory design, test planning, scheduling, and execution and reporting.
- Ensure test stations and assets are configured and ready to test by deploying software and configuring hardware on the test stations.
- Work closely with QA to maintain and validate test station software and hardware.
- Brief management of progress and status of the all the labs.
- Manage daily lab operations and activities to be in compliance with policies and procedures from Northrop Grumman Corporation and SIT&E.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM and 2 + years of Technology or Engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in STEM and 0 years of experience.
- Familiarity with Avionics Systems, aircraft electrical systems, or Test Station Operations is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Familiarity with Test Equipment, such as digital millimeters, O-scopes, power supplies etc.
- Familiarity with Electronic Principles, MIL STD protocol for 1553, 429, and 1394 busses.
- Familiar using scheduling tools, such as MS Project.
- Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with avionics systems and equipment.
- Familiarity with Test Stations / Lab Operations.
- Must be capable to read and comprehend schematic diagrams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top