Test Conductor 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Test Conductor / Test Director 5 to join our Systems Test Integration & Evaluation (SIT&E) team. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will support structural testing of a full-scale airframe, directly responsible for design and manufacture of test fixtures & reaction frame, procurement & integration of test hardware, integration of the Load Control & Data Acquisition System, and conduct of test.
- Test planning & scheduling
- Cost reduction analysis
- Optimizing cycle time
- Test anomaly investigation
- Creating test procedures & final test reports
- Customer briefings
- EVMS duties
- Responsible for lab safety procedures and developing a test article overload protection plan.
- Act as the primary interface between Airframe Product Team and the Test Lab Team.
- Bachelors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) plus 14 Years engineering experience; OR Master's in STEM plus 12 Years engineering experience; OR PhD plus 9 Year's engineering experience
- Highly qualified candidates may be considered with no degree and 22 years engineering experience
- Current Active DoD Secret security experience required to start
- Able and willing to travel short term as required by the statement of work
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as oral/written communication skills evidenced by experience coordinating and communicating issues and status with production managers, maintenance personnel, and responsible engineers.
- 15 years systems testing experience on large scale structural platforms
- Current, active DoD Top Secret or SCI security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top