Test Conductor 3 (Network Sys Admin)
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems in Rancho Bernardo (San Diego, CA), has an opening for a Test Conductor 3 (TC3).
The job duties and responsibilities of the TC3 will be, but not limited to, the following:
- Design, configure, and maintain all aspects of a heterogeneous networked computer environment.
- Provide a reliable environment on which users can perform their statement of work.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain computer systems and applications on Solaris, UNIX, LINUX, Windows -7 and Server 2008/2012 computers.
- Create and maintain Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure using Centrify.
- Perform system software installations, routine maintenance, security, system monitoring, backup, and configuration control.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the customer as well as with members of the immediate organization.
- Document the physical environment and its changes.
- Personnel are expected to support and maintain timely configuration records, and support shift work and overtime as required.
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Must have a Bachelor’s technical degree from an accredited university plus 5 years of applicable working experience (experience in lieu of education will be considered, but a HS degree/GED is a must).
- Windows 7 or higher System Administration and MS Windows 2012 R2experience.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- UNIX Solaris 9 or greater system administration experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support work including extended shifts, shift rotation, and weekends
- BS in Computer Science or other closely related engineering discipline
- Proficient Knowledge of Oracle Solaris and Clustering
- Proficient Knowledge of VMWare and functionality
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Experience creating and modifying Visio diagrams
- Familiarity with security hardening methods and tools
- Knowledge of Dell Kace implementation
- Experienced with Network troubleshooting tools i.e. Wire Shark, Solar Winds Engineering Tool kit
- CISCO IOS experience
- Should be able to work independently under general supervision
- Should be able to support troubleshooting and anomaly resolution
- Security Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top