Temporary Designer 4
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Temporary Designer 4 within our Digital Design and Integration team in our Promontory, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work under general instruction in Digital Design and Integration supporting modeling and drafting. Individual will have overall responsibility for modeling and drafting of components, electrical harnesses and assemblies in the aerospace industry.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Create 3D geometric models, PMI annotated models, and drawings in support of design and integration using Siemens NX design tool
- Create and maintain part, assembly and electrical harness models per Northrop Grumman and program modeling procedures
- Investigate design solutions
- Provide drawings and specifications for next generation rocket motor design
- Assist in the definition, development, and qualification of design changes
- Apply acquired jobs skills and knowledge to achieve targets - technical, cost, and schedule
- BS in Technology Degree (or equivalent) + 0 years or
Associates Degree + 2 years related experience
- High School Diploma with 6 years of related experience
- Computer Aided Design - i.e. NX (preferred), Solidworks, Wildfire (ProE), CatiaExperience in Design, Drafting, Manufacturing or Quality
- Experience working in a team setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top