Temporary Design Drafter (Checker)
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Temporary Design Drafter (Checker) within our Digital Design and Integration team in our Promontory, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work under general instruction in Digital Design and Integration (DD&I) supporting checking of 3D models and 2D drawings. Individual will have responsibility for checking models to ensure that they meet aerospace industry and company standards for mechanical components, electrical harnesses, and assemblies.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Working knowledge and understanding of GD&T, and Drawing Standards: ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.100, Mil Spec, Drafting Standard Manual and Solid Modeling Standards
- Working knowledge of all aspects of machine design such as casting, forging, welding, brazing, machining, and assembly; physical and chemical properties of various metals; and machine tools and material handling capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with engineering and other DD&I personnel; and to collaborate, coordinate, and follow project activities to completion with a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) and Engineering Change process and documentation control
- BS Degree (or equivalent) two year degree; plus 6-10 years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T principles
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) modelling knowledge - i.e. NX (preferred
- Experience in Design, Manufacturing or Quality
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
Back to top