Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. At Northrop Grumman’s Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) Operating Unit, our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation radio systems for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare group is creating the next generation of Improved Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way. The A&TN Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced electronics Technician with lab management potential to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will become part of the F-35 Communications, Navigation and Identification (CNI) Program which is an on-going, multi-billion dollar program responsible for providing many CNI functions on multiple, simultaneous RF channels to pilots in the cockpit of the world’s most sophisticated fighter platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, or electromechanical areas. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed. Enforcement of company policy and standards.
- Technical Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience as a technician, including:
- Test equipment maintenance
- Cable repair
- Inventory control
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret/SAP Clearance
- Proficiency in using basic engineering test equipment (e.g., Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meter
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work both independently and within groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Avionics experience
- Lab management experience, including:
- Maintaining lab standards to company policy
- Coordination of repairs
- Generating PR’s
- Active DoD Secret clearance with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top