Technical Writer & Editor 3/4
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Technical Writer & Editor 3/4 position will be located in Arlington, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Function as a communications and information specialist, preparing material for publications and other media internally and externally.
- Coordinate publications and other collateral material using both print and electronic media including the web and desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for distribution.
- Responsible for final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
- Research, analyze, and perform technical review on triage of questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical communications infrastructure.
- Gather necessary information from Program personnel, other DHS employees, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the Government in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
- Provide technical and editorial document review and written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security information documents.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures documents, testing and certification of government and contractor operations personnel, and maintains training records.
- Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to carry out detailed customer functions.
- Maintain contact information and distribution lists; manage alerting capabilities; scheduling visits, tours, and facilities; ensure awareness and compliance with DHS.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years' experience required for level 3 role.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years' experience required for level 4 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation for continued employment.
- Cyber security/IT security professional writing experience.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Department of Homeland Security experience desired.
- DHS EOD.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top