Technical Services Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Technical Services Engineer 2 to support a program located in Aurora, CO.
- Provides 24x7 Tier-1 direct support for detection, isolation, and resolution of ground segment problems.
- Serves as first responder for all site issues, requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise.
- Performs Tier 1 level monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of system and network problems.
- Support personnel will interface with external sites and/or system operators as required for real-time detection, isolation, and resolution of problems, and serve as backup support to engineering crew.
- Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure.
- Serves as a single point of contact for monitoring and troubleshooting capability.
- Escalates problems to Tier 2 level as required, perform call-ins as necessary.
- Coordinates with any required resources across the enterprise to resolve operational issues.
- Works with other 24x7 engineering crew across multiple locations providing enterprise level maintenance support, with high customer visibility into all actions and response.
- Provides necessary mentorship, guidance, and training of entry level engineering crew.
- Requires a BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college and 2 years system administration experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI. Must be willing to take a polygraph.
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView and CA based Concord.
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew based actions and response.
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or 2 certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- Basic UNIX/Linux command level knowledge desired that can be applied to troubleshooting and maintaining system operability.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance and SSBI update within the last 7 years. Willing to take a Polygraph.
- DOD 8570-1M compliant as an IAT Level 1 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top