Technical Services Engineer 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Technical Service Engineer 1 to help support a program located in Aurora, Colorado.
Functions as the primary interface to operations for real-time detection, isolation and resolution of ground segment problems. Acts as the main focal point for identifying, evaluating and correcting network and/or critical system issues and
restoring operations as quickly as possible. Coordinates resources across a vast, multi-location enterprise and interfaces with users, engineers and customers to determine the best course of action. May be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and executing preventative maintenance activities. May perform system backups which include backing up applications, software and operating systems. Some system administrative duties may include system tuning, modifications to authorized user lists and user profiles, file system maintenance, security hardening and technical support to operations. Engineers also create documentation for incident logging and/or create standard operating procedures for system restoration. Frequent collaboration with other engineering groups across multiple locations is required. Provides necessary mentorship, guidance and training to new engineers. Candidate will occupy a highly-visible position with direct input into problem resolution and Enterprise Management processes. Occasional call-in support may be required.
- Requires a BS within the Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline with a minimum of 0-2 years system administration experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain an TS/SCI clearance. Must be willing to take a polygraph.
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView and CA based Concord.
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew-based actions and response.
- Independent thinker, able to ascertain source of system problem(s) and recommend/implement changes that improve process efficiencies. Cognizant of troubleshooting procedures and ability to know when deviation from standard practices is necessary.
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or 2 certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- Basic UNIX/Linux command level knowledge desired that can be applied to troubleshooting and maintaining system operability.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance and SSBI update within the last 7 years. Willing to take a Polygraph.
- DOD 8570-1M compliant as an IAT Level 1 or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top