Technical Publications Tools Developer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Programmer-Database Analyst to join our Marine Systems Technical Publications team. This position is at Sunnyvale, California.
Northrop Grumman seeks an experienced individual to lead the creation and maintenance of a variety of electronically delivered and interactive technical manuals, from planning and budgeting through final distribution. This electronic documentation serves the launcher programs and Strategic Weapons Facilities in support of the U.S. Navy Fleet Ballistic Missile program.
The Analyst is responsible for all aspects of production of electronic documentation. This includes creating, or coordinating the creation of, content delivered via interactive software applications; collaboration with an outside vendor on maintenance of and improvements to the interactive software itself; and adherence to government standards for electronic content and its delivery mechanisms. This includes developing time-phased budgets, monitoring cost and schedule, obtaining and analyzing technical and management data, providing database administration and support, and reviewing user requirements for new software and evaluating new software technologies. Working on additional writing projects might be required. The Analyst works with other writers, engineers, the customer, and outside vendors. Additional investigating requirements could include observation of hardware performance and understanding technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations. Some travel and/or overtime may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 or more years of experience with computer systems in a technical documentation or large-scale data processing environment.
- Technical background, including experience with local area server-based networks and data management.
- Ability to demonstrate personal communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with SGML/XML, FOSIs or other stylesheets, file/content management systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PTC ArborText Editor.
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate, and project manage documentation effort, and adhere to internal processes and standards for quality and style.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, able to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with web-based and S1000D Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic; Adobe Illustrator, NX, or Vulcan.
- Ability to troubleshoot and upgrade PC software, and assist writers with publishing software.
- Experience documenting electrical systems a plus, but not required.
- Experience at a Strategic Weapons Facility, or with FBM Launcher Operations, or Strategic Weapons System Operations conducted onboard a submarine a plus, but not required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top